Somewhat Daily Quote

“If you can make one person listen to you, you can make the world hear you.”

~Anthony Kong

Playlists

Translate

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Angels Falling Down: Chapter One

Chapter One
Fallon




I’m back in my bedroom, in my old house. Once again  I’m 10 years old. I pull the covers up over my head as I hear the creak of the floor boards. Someone creeps up the stairs and pauses for a second at the top, as if they were considering something. Eventually I hear him turn right and slink pass my door into my parent’s room.
       
      Gathering my courage, I slither out from under the covers, tip-toe it down the hall and crouch near the door; I can see everything but I’m helpless to stop any of it. And so I sit there and watch as the shadowy figure pulls a huge knife out from the sheath on his belt, and I keep watching as he slits my parent’s throats one by one.
       
         Only after the deed is done do I let out a small cry, whipping my parent’s murder around, and focusing all of his attention on me. Slowly, the killer advances on me, taking his time; we both know I’m not going anywhere, that I’ve got nowhere to run, and we both know I’m next. He’s only three feet away and I begin to shake, I try to scream but my voice has gone mute.
       
        Suddenly, the killer is knocked to the ground by what I could only be described as a shadow, and, in the same instant, I’m swept up in the strong arms of my rescuer. With my body still trembling, I lift my head to meet the most beautiful stormy grey eyes I have ever seen. Shocked, the only words I can offer to the boy who saved my life is a whispered thanks before my world fades to black.
       
         I bolt upright in my bed gasping for air, and sink back against the headboard as the nightmare fades. Only I know it isn’t just a nightmare; seven years ago that nightmare was my reality, and now it is a memory that has haunted my dreams ever since.
       
        “Falon! You screamed; it was another nightmare wasn’t it? You know someday you’re going to have to get over it, I mean, come on, your seventeen for Pete’s sake,” Mary said unsympathetically as she barged into my room.
       
         Mary and Ben Fellson are my foster parents; they took me in after my parents died when I was 10. Mary is actually quite pretty with her blonde hair and blue eyes, but I’m sure that almost everyone can tell that she doesn’t like me that much. Ben, who is still quite handsome for a man in his mid thirties, has blonde hair, hazel eyes, and he seems to be kind to everyone except me. I’m sure that they’re both counting down the days until I turn eighteen and am out of their hair of good, and to tell you the truth, I am too.
       
        “I’m fine Mary,” I said dryly, “And as soon as graduation rolls around me and my nightmare will be long gone,”
       
        She nodded, as if it seemed great to her and exited my room.
       
        I flopped back against my pillows and blew out a puff of air. After I had blacked out seven years ago, I had woken up in a hospital surrounded by police officers all of which wanted to know what happened to my parents. What could I say? That I saw a shadowy figure had slit my parents throats and, just when he was about to kill me as well, a boy, who I have almost no memory of what so ever, knocked him down with a shadow, and carried me outside? I don’t think so. That would have bought me a one way ticket to the nearest crazy house. So, I lied. I told the police that I hadn’t seen a thing, that when I woke up I walked into my parents room where I found them dead, and then I when I went outside to get help, I passed out. They bought it, but, unfortunately, there wasn’t a lie I could tell to get me out of having to live with the Fellsons.
       
         Reaching over to my bedside table, I grabbed a new book I had been reading, crossed the floor, and curled up on the window seat. I knew I wasn’t going to get anymore sleep tonight.
      



9 comments:

  1. That Was Awesome!!!! MORE!!! This Is Gr8tS1ngr From Max-Dan-Wiz!!!! You Were Awesome!!! Great Chapter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ animalperson- Thnx!

    @ Gr8tS1ngr- Thnx! Which one do you like better- AFD or TDT?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only thing I can say is :WOW!!! It's beautiful! You got to post more! And after that make a book ;)hihihi!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AMAZING BEYOND MEASURE!!!
    I have a question, are you posting this on MDW? Or are you and I'm just being stupid?

    ReplyDelete
  5. First off thanks! 2nd, no I'm not posting on MDW (this site is way better for copy writing protection). 3rd, no you're not stupid. And 4th, "It's me" doen't tell me who you are. Lol ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't really decide which one I like better.... It's a tie!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome Jade! Hey, can you check out my story on my blogspot? the Link is on my MDW page, or just type in:
    www.inspiredsecondcreation.blogspot.com/

    hehehe
    UPDATE SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sure Hiroko I will as soon as I get time ;)

    ReplyDelete