Somewhat Daily Quote

“If you can make one person listen to you, you can make the world hear you.”

~Anthony Kong

Playlists

Translate

Monday, April 2, 2012

Angels Falling Down: Chapter Three

 Chapter Three
Ryker



        



God, had she grown up over the past seven years. She’d gotten taller of course, time does that, her raven hair had grown longer, it was all the way to the bottom of her back now, her frame had filled out as well, and left no doubt in anyone’s mind that she was a young woman.
Her eyes were still the same bright, vibrant violet orbs that they had been the day I’d plucked her out of that blood spattered bedroom. She was walking outside the way she always did during lunch, distancing herself from everyone, the fall wind picked up a bit, scattered the leaves and tousled her hair gently across her face. Annoyed, she pawed it back and settled herself at the base of her favorite tree- the tree I was currently perched in.
I knew I shouldn’t have been watching her now, I wasn’t supposed to have helped her all those years ago, I wasn’t supposed to pick her up and leave her in the grass outside, and I wasn’t supposed to let her see me. But I did, and I should’ve drawn the line there. After I left I should have went away forever and never come back, never seen her again. But I did. I’d come back every year since, but I’ve never let her see me. At least I’d kept one of my rules.
I watched as she pulled today’s book from her bag and opened it as she picked at her lunch. She put up a good front, she had almost everyone fooled, she looked like nothing bothers her, nothing ever got under her skin, and that she didn’t care what anyone thought about her. But not me, no I knew her to well, even if she didn’t know me. I knew I nearly killed her inside knowing that she watched her parents die and she couldn’t do anything to stop it and I knew it hurt her to see her old friends everyday and not be able to run up and tell them the truth.
Every time I saw her, I couldn’t help but wonder what it would be like if I would just walk up and introduce myself, become the friend that she so desperately needed, and gave her a hug- something that she hasn’t had in a really long time. I let myself think about it for a while and then stop myself, it can’t happen. Not only is it against the rules, but what would I say? “Hey Fall, I’m the guy that carried you outside the night your parents were murdered and just left you in the grass and have been secretly watching you off and on ever since. By the way, my name’s Ryker,” Yeah, that will go over real big.


I quietly let out an aggravated sigh and shifted my weight trying to get myself into a more tolerable position- damn, trees are uncomfortable! During my careless movements, a branch snapped halfway under my weight with a loud crack. She glanced up and caught sight of me.

Damn it!

          My sharp intake of breath was just too much for the limb to bear and it snapped the rest of the way through.

          “Shit!” I yelped as I plummeted to the ground.





~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Miss me anyone? What did you think? Please comment!

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see what happens next. Wonder how the whole "I'm the guy who carried you outside the night your parents were murdered" thing will go. I'm excited to hear her reaction to a guy falling out of a tree. Awesome writing, can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!!!! I'm super glad u like it :)

    ReplyDelete