Somewhat Daily Quote

“If you can make one person listen to you, you can make the world hear you.”

~Anthony Kong

Playlists

Translate

Friday, March 4, 2011

The Darkest Truths: Chapter 10

Chapter 10

       I whirled around to find James leaning casually against the caverns entrance.

          “You’re back,” I stated.

          “Yup,” he said, popping the ‘p’, “But not for long.”

          “What do you mean,” Maya inquired uncharacteristically.

          “I need to go get my sister, Kiate,”

          “And what, may I ask, are we supposed to do while you’re out doing this? We can’t stay here- they’ll find us for sure,” J.J asked snippily.

          James seemed unfazed by her tone, “You’re right, you can’t stay here. But I’m sure that Rayven will have no trouble finding you all another place to hide until I return.”

          “Why can’t we just go home,” Sam asked innocently

          “You can’t go home- it isn’t safe. You don’t want to put your parents in danger do you,” James answered gently.

          Sam nodded, fighting back tears, and who could blame him? We all wanted to go home just as much as he did.

          “Any more questions,” James asked tiredly.

          Everyone shook their heads.

          “Alright then, goodbye,” and with that he left.

          As soon as James had disappeared from sight Katie burst into tears. I rushed over and wrapped my little sister in my arms, gently rocking her back and forth while I rubbed her back.

          “What’s wrong, sweetie?” I asked.

          “I-I-I wa-want m-my mommy!” Katie sobbed, and buried her face in the crook of my neck.

          “Shhh,” I cooed, “I want mom too, and I want to go home just as bad as you do, honey, but we can’t.”

          “I know,” she whispered.

          After a while she finally cried herself to sleep, I laid her gently down, and went to join the others.

          We all sat in a circle, and started brain storming a list of places we could hide-out in until James returned with Kiate.

          “Where can we go,” Jace said to no one in particular.

          “I know a place,” an unknown voice answered.

          I turned one more to find yet another figure blocking the caves entrance. He was about our age, but the creepy part was that he looked almost exactly like Nick. The only difference was that his eyes were an electric blue instead of Nick bright green ones. I had a feeling that I knew exactly who this was, as impossible as the theory seemed, and my fears were only confirmed by Nick’s thunderstruck whisper.

          “Andrew?”

1 comment:

  1. Again, how dare you end it on a cliffhanger!
    Loves~!

    Hiroko Hana

    ReplyDelete