Somewhat Daily Quote

“If you can make one person listen to you, you can make the world hear you.”

~Anthony Kong

Playlists

Translate

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Preditor and Prey: Prologue

Prologue

       “Please, no, miss, I beg of you,” the ruby lipped, Caribbean blue eyed, platinum haired, fifteen year old looking, faerie cried dramatically.
      
        I sighed; I absolutely, positively, hate faerie jobs.
      
       Yes, sadly, faeries do exist. And no, they are not those good natured, woodsy, creatures that the fairy tales you were told as a child led you to believe. In truth, they are dramatic, mischievous, over-emotional, and downright vicious when they want to be.
      
       I rolled my eyes and leveled my glock at her, making it obvious that her ploy hadn’t worked.
      
       “Freeze,” I commanded coolly, “Under strict orders from P.A.F., I must either bring you in or terminate you here and now,”
      
       The faerie growled and dropped her glamour revealing clear blue cats eyes, porcelain skin, and a perfectly white, perfectly pointed, perfectly deadly, set of teeth.
      
       “So,” I continued, completely unfazed, this is a regular occurrence, “Which will it be?”
      
        The faerie lunged and knocked me over; I guess I had my answer.
      
         “Termination it is then,” I grunted, reaching into my boot for my iron switchblade.
      
         I grabbed it, flicked it open, and slashed at her arm, cutting her just enough so that so that the indigo liquid that was her blood started to trickle down her arm.
      
       She immediately shrieked in pain and rolled off of me, got to love iron. I jackknifed to my feet and scrambled over to my gun that had skidded across the forest floor in the midst of the struggle.
      
       Picking it up, I checked to make sure that all my iron bullets were loaded, they were, then I took aim and fired a single shot, leaving the faerie motionless on the ground with a new hole directly between its eyes.
      
        Re-holstering my glock, I walked a few paces away and unclipped my walkie-talkie, “Mission accomplished, Stavros,” I said, “Requesting cleanup crew and pick up.  Coordinates 10-73 Hangman’s Wood,”
      
        “Request granted, ETA five minutes,” my commanding officers voice responded.
      
       Another job well done.
      
       My name is Kira, I’m sixteen years old, and I’m a Paranormal Assassin.

2 comments:

  1. Where did you come up with the name glock? Is it an actual gun? If so, I've never heard of it. How did you come up with the name Kira? What does the name mean? How long does it take you to come up with names for your characters? Sorry for all the questions. Your writing is fantastic as always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, let's number these off!

    1)Yes, a glock is an actual gun, my uncle has one (I probably didn't use the correct spelling though.)
    2)I came up with Kira after looking around on a bunch of baby names sites.
    3)The name, when I picked it, loosly translated to "dark", readers later informed me (after I posted this) that it also meant "Killer".
    4)Normally, I can come up with names, if I know the plot, within a night or so, but for some (The Darkest Secrets) I have been having trouble finding a name that sticks.

    Don't apologize, there is no such things as too many questions. Thanks!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete