Somewhat Daily Quote

“If you can make one person listen to you, you can make the world hear you.”

~Anthony Kong

Playlists

Translate

Sunday, February 27, 2011

The Darkest Truths: Chapter Nine

Chapter 9

       We entered the cave to find everyone sound asleep. As much as I knew they needed their sleep, I knew they would want to know what we had discovered more.

       “Wake up,” I screamed, jolting them all from their dreams.

       My yelling startled Jace so much, that when he sat up he hit his head on a low part in the ceiling, “Ouch,” he said, rubbing the top of his head, “For Pete’s sake Rayven! Tone it down a notch, you scared the crap out of me!”

       J.J.,of course didn’t have anything nice to say either, “Hey! What the heck? I need my beauty sleep!”

       I bit my tongue, holding back a slicing comment.

Breathe Rayven, just breathe. We’re all on the same side here.

        Not responding to either of their comments, I pulled the papers from behind my back with a playful smirk, “Does anyone want to know what kind of powers they have?” I asked teasingly.

       This got everyone’s attention. I was bombarded with a chorus of “me”’s and “I do”’s.

       “Alright then,” I chuckled, and started at the top of the list.

       “Katie, you’re psychic.”

       My little sister smiled and nodded, as if that pleased her, and I continued on.

       “Nick. You’re a werewolf and alpha of the pack.”

       Nick nodded, this wasn’t news to him.

       “Jace, you’re telekinetic, congratulations.”

       “Yes,” he said, pumping his fist in the air.

       “Janice,” I said, taking this as an excuse to use her real name because I know she hates it, “You can create force fields.”

       She glared at me, probably already thinking of ways to get back at me for using her real name. I ignored her and continued on.

       “Reid, you’re a werewolf.”

       He looked up, meeting my eyes, and gave me a shy smile to let me know he had heard.

       “Maya. You can turn invisible.”

       Maya smiled and peeked up at me through her veil of hair, I could tell that she liked her power.

       “Tara, you are an illusionist.”

       “Cool,” she said, and gave Jace a high-five.

       “Derek, you are also a werewolf,”

       He smirked and fist bumped Nick and Reid.

       “Sam,” I said, brining the little boy’s head up, “You’re telepathic.”

       “Awesome little brother,” Jace congratulated him, sweeping his grinning little brother into a huge bear hug.

       Nick walked up beside me with his signature smirk on his face, “Aren’t you going to tell them what you can do,” he asked loud enough to catch everyone’s attention.

       “Yeah, Rayven. Tell us,” my little sister said, clearly speaking for all of them.

       “I’m a natural. I can control nature, the weather, and even the elements to an extent.”

       “I have a question,” Sam said raising his hand like he was in class.

       “What is it,” I responded.

       “What is James’s power?” he asked.

       Before I could reply a familiar voice answered for me.

       “It’s called energy manipulation.”

No comments:

Post a Comment