Somewhat Daily Quote

“If you can make one person listen to you, you can make the world hear you.”

~Anthony Kong

Playlists

Translate

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Darkest Truths: Prologue

Prologue
I starred at the face in the puddle of murky water. I knew who it was of course, I mean, who forgets their own face? It was me alright, but not really me, if you know what I mean.
God knows how long I had been standing here, just observing myself; wondering how I went from having a normal life to living an absolute nightmare. My hair was still the same light brown that ended in the middle of my back and I still looked 14. But I'm not the same girl I was, the only thing that came close to telling how much I changed was my eyes. My eyes that flashed a bright greenish-hazel, now held new wisdom and horrors; having seen more in the last few months than most see in a lifetime.
I sighed. The past is the past and, unfortunately, I can't change it. I'll just have to live with it and hope for a better future- for all of us. I can't keep dwelling on who I used to be. I am who I am now, and who I am now has people depending on her.
With one last wistful glance I tossed a rock into the pool, shattering the image, any thoughts of before going with it. I walked away feeling slightly lighter, knowing life will never be the same- for any of us- ever again. Now we're on the run and one wrong move will get us killed.

No comments:

Post a Comment