Somewhat Daily Quote

“If you can make one person listen to you, you can make the world hear you.”

~Anthony Kong

Playlists

Translate

Thursday, February 24, 2011

The Darkest Truths: Chapter Four

Chapter 4

I awoke to a searing pain covering every inch of my body, it hurt to move, it hurt to speak, it hurt to breathe.

I was trying to get up the strength to sit up, when the cell door opened and two guards stepped in. Normally, I would've given the two of them a beat down and gotten the hell out of dodge, but right now I was in no state to do so.
       
        "Get up," a guard with arms the size of trees trunks said menacingly. I didn't move, I couldn't.

"I said, get up," the meat head repeated angrily. Again, I didn't move.

He walked over and pulled me up roughly by my hair, I let out a small, pitiful whimper.
        
        "What part of "get up" don't you understand," he growled in my face, and gave my hair a painful yank causing me to cry out.

I was filled with a rush of anger; I knew he could see that I couldn't sit up let alone stand. I gathered what little saliva I had left in my mouth and spat in his face.
             
        He grunted and shoved me to his partner while he whipped the spit from his face. Meat head looked up and glared at me while I gave him a satisfactory smirk.
          
          "Take her to the common room with the others, Ron. I have to go wash my face," Meat head said, still glaring at me.
         
          The other guard, Ron, dragged me out of the cell and down the hall without as much as a word. When we reached the door that was, presumably, our destination he opened the door and pushed me inside, I stumbled and collapsed gracelessly in Nick's arms, my legs still not strong enough to support me.
 
"My God! Rayven! Are you all right," Maya yelled as she rushed to me.

"Of course she's not alright," Nick snapped, as he tried to make me more comfortable.

"Dude, calm down no need to snap," a boy with black hair and blue eyes said. I remember him from school as being one of Nick's friends, but I couldn't remember his name.
         
         "I know, Reid, I am calm," Nick growled. Reid. That's his name!
       
         "No you're not, you're wound tighter than a rubber ball," another one of Nick's friends said. This one had black hair and grey eyes, I remember him as being pretty quiet.
       
        "Whatever, Derek," Nick muttered.
       
       "Guys quit arguing it’s not solving anything," a girl around our age with blonde hair and violet eyes said. I've seen her around school but I've never talked to her and I didn't know her name.
       
        "What's your name," I croaked.
       
        "Tara," she replied, "Tara Gibson,"
       
        "How are you feeling, Rayven," Katie asked as she ran up and hugged me, making me wince.

 "Does that answer your question?" I asked with a weak smile.
       
         Before she could answer we were distracted as there was a commotion as a young boy with red hair and blue eyes was shoved through the door.
       
         "Sam?" Maya yelled.
       
         I turned to Jace in shock, "Why didn't you tell me your brother was here?"
       
        He looked at me in equal shock, "I didn't know," suddenly; he took off running to his brother and wrapped him in a hug.
       
         A microphone screeched, grabbing our attention as we turned to see the one and only, Geoffrey Keshens standing at the podium at the front of the room.
       
        "Children, will you please be seated?" he asked in a polite and friendly tone, if I didn't know better I never would have thought he was an evil scientist.
       
         As much as I'm sure we all hated being called children, we sat, we all wanted a better explanation as to why we were here.

"While you're here you'll be undergoing multiple tests to observe your strengths, weaknesses, and endurance levels. Any rebellion or attempts at escape will result in severe consequences. Just so you know there is a special energy field surrounding the camp that will restrict you from using any of your abilities should you plan on figuring out how to use them so you may escape. Finally, everyone that is in here, and a few that are not, are part of your test subject group, so you might want to get to know one another as you will be spending a lot of time together," finishing his speech Mr.Keshens promptly left the podium and exited the room leaving us together.
        
         I glanced around the room to take stock of who was there; it was me, Nick, Maya, Jace, Katie, Sam, Reid, Derek, Tara, and J.J. Whether we liked it or not we were in this together. And by God, I was going to get all of us out if it was the last thing I did, and it very well might be.


No comments:

Post a Comment