Somewhat Daily Quote

“If you can make one person listen to you, you can make the world hear you.”

~Anthony Kong

Playlists

Translate

Monday, April 4, 2011

Preditor & Prey: Chapter One

Chapter One

       “Kira,” Mr. Delany called, taking roll, and, like most people, he pronounced my name with a long ‘I’ sound.
      
       I rolled my eyes in annoyance, “It’s pronounced ‘Key-ruh, Mt. Delany,” I corrected.
      
       Jasper’s stormy grey eyes glared daggers at me from under her sharp blue bangs. Yes, I said blue, a deep navy blue that contrasted well with her tan skin. And no, it isn’t dyed, it’s all natural, a weird side effect from the trauma of losing her parents at the young age of five.
      
       Don’t start, her eyes practically screamed.
      
       Chill, I won’t mess this up, my eyes said back.
      
       Jasper snorted and the bell rang signaling the end of homeroom.
      
       “I’m just saying, Kira. We don’t need to get kicked out of another school,” Jasper said as we collected out our books and made a B-line towards the door.
      
       She said another school because our team of three had managed to get expelled from our last two schools- I won’t go into detail just yet, but I’m pretty sure Stavros won’t tolerate another, and, believe me, you don’t want to be on his bad side.
      
       “Hey, baby,” a familiar voice said, wrapping their arms around me.
      
       He had obviously been waiting for us.
      
       “Hey, Will,” I said, turning around in his arms so I could stand on my tip-toes and kiss his cheek.
      
        William Dodds, the third member of our deadly trio, top Paranormal Assassin- and my boyfriend of two years. I studied him as that affectionate smile spread across his face. I drank him in, his six-three frame, his blonde hair, his grey eyes, and to think he’s just a year older than me. It has always puzzled me how this boy could be so ruthless as to kill in cold blood.
      
       “Will! Kira! No PDA on school grounds! I know it’s your first day but that’s no excuse,” a nearby teacher yelled.
      
       We both stepped away from each other and Will opened his mouth, to mutter what I’m sure was a witty comment, but stopped when he felt Jasper’s dagger poking into his back.
      
       Don’t even ask how we get our weapons through school security- it isn’t easy, trust me.
      
       I glanced around; nobody noticed the weapon Jasper had pressed against Will.
      
       “They’re sorry Miss Simmons, it won’t happen again,” she said sweetly.
      
       “Be sure that it doesn’t,” the teacher said and turned on her heel and walked away.

       “Do not mess this up! Go to class,” Jasper hissed, and stalked off.
      
       Will winked at me, and then took Jasper’s advice, leaving me alone.
      
       Instead of going to class I went to the restroom- Hey I’m new; I can always say that I got lost, right? - And observed myself in the mirror.
      
       Long black hair? Check.
      
       Blue eyes? Check.
      
       The irritating height of five-eight? Yup.
      
       All the looks of innocence, I thought as I fingered my switchblade in the concealed pocket of my jeans.
      
       But, true to my name, I’m a killer.

No comments:

Post a Comment