Somewhat Daily Quote

“If you can make one person listen to you, you can make the world hear you.”

~Anthony Kong

Playlists

Translate

Friday, April 29, 2011

Preditor & Prey: Chapter Two Part Two


Chapter Two (continued)
       I stumbled into my biology class and barely remembered handing my passbook for Mrs. Tucker to sign before I took my seat. I couldn’t concentrate. Thoughts were a swirling through my mind, racing, and jumping over one another fighting for my attention. Questions and theories unwound themselves from the jumbled mess. There were two thing off about Zev, one I knew and one I did not. I had never known anyone who was able to sneak up on me or away without me knowing it, not even the extremely talented Will; and for the mysterious Zev to have done so twice in a row, so effortlessly? What a strange boy he was indeed.

A strange, gorgeous boy, my mind whispered.

       I squashed the thought immediately. I had a boyfriend. His name was Will. Will the most talented paranormal assassin that the world had ever seen. That meant strange, mysterious, beautiful boys were off limits.

       But that doesn’t stop you from looking.

       Did it? I didn’t have the time to ponder that because the bell rang, forcing me up out of my seat and out into the hallway.

       After that, it wasn’t long before Will caught up and kissed my cheek.

       “Hey,” hey whispered, wraping his arms around me.

       “Hey,” came my still distracted reply.

       “Babe? What’s wrong,” Will asked, concerned.

       I opened my mouth to tell him about Zev and how something was…off about him; but something stopped me. What it was- I don’t know.

       “Nothing, I’m fine. I just didn’t like my class, that’s all,” I lied.

       Will nodded, but didn’t seem to believe me. He kissed my cheek once more and dashed off to class.




No comments:

Post a Comment