Somewhat Daily Quote

“If you can make one person listen to you, you can make the world hear you.”

~Anthony Kong

Playlists

Translate

Monday, June 25, 2012

Angels Falling Down: Chapter Four

Chapter Four
Fallon


         When I got up this morning, or any time in my life for that matter, if someone had told me that arguably the most gorgeous guy in the world would fall out of a tree and land in my lap while I was eating my lunch, I would have immediately had them institutionalized. But it happened.

          At first I was eating what the kitchen staff claimed was a chicken sandwich and enjoying the scenery. In the next second, I heard a snap, looked up, and caught sight of him.

          “Shit!”

          He crashed onto me. I could still feel through both our clothes that he was made of  pure muscle, sinew, and bone, but that did not, by any means make him a lightweight.

          Ooof!” I grunted, which, as Mary says, is very unladylike by the way.

          “Sorry,” He mumbled, keeping his head down and face cast in shadow by his messy midnight locks.

          I waited a second, but he didn’t move.

          “Um, could you get off me, please,” I asked, I was starting to loose feeling in my legs.

          His head snapped up and he met my eyes. I gasped. They were the stormiest silver and I had only seen one pair like it before. It’s him.

           A devilish grin lit up his face and he raised an eyebrow, “Like what you see,” he teased.

          And me, like an idiot, sat there gaping like a fish. It can’t be him, that was seven years ago. He would have to be at least in his late twenties by now. But he doesn’t look a day past eighteen. It’s not possible.

          He reached up and gently shut my mouth and proceeded to pluck a stray orange leaf from my hair. He examined it for a moment then cast it away to drift in the light autumn breeze. He stood with the grace of a jungle cat, beautiful and dangerous, and stretched his hand down to grab mine. He pulled me up with ease, like I weighed nothing, and a warm tingle flowed through my hand at his touch.

          I finally regained the ability to speak, “What? How? Who are you,” I sputtered.

          He smirked once more, shook his head, and replied with a simple, “Not yet.”

          Aggravated and confused, I started to ask just what he meant by that when the bell to signal that I had one minute to get to class rang and silenced my questions.

          He pointed to the doors, “Hurry up, you don’t want to mar up that perfect attendance record of yours, Fall,” He advised, and disappeared into the woods. Leaving me with more questions than answers.
          I was still standing there, staring blankly at the foliage, when the final bell rang.









Make sure you check out my post “Miss Me”. Thanks! Please Comment!


No comments:

Post a Comment